Today, my orientation class went on a field trip to Hanok Village in Jeonju, South Korea. The same city in which we are having our orientation, which is held at Jeonju University. This was a nice break from the week of classes and lectures we had to attend. I believe Jeonju is a 3-4hr bus ride south of Seoul.
Please follow me on Twitter and Instagram while you are here.
Above are silkworms that someone told me to try. I'm always up for doing something once but I regretted it. It was disgusting and instead of quickly swallowing it, I spit it out. Tasted horrible.
This beautifully carved piece of wood was tempting to buy but it was a bit out of my price range. I think it cost 800,000 won ~ $700 USD.
I don't know the specifics but these gentlemen were making a fine paper that is used to bury people in. It's a very durable paper that can act like cloth.
No comments:
Post a Comment