The league has nine baseball teams spread around the country.
Doosan Bears (Seoul)
Hanwha Eagles (Daejeon)
LG Twins (Seoul)
Lotte Giants (Busan)
NC Dinos (Changwon)
Nexen Heroes (Seoul)
Samsung Lions (Daegu)
Kia Tigers (Gwangju)
SK Wyverns (Incheon)
As you can see, three of the teams are in Seoul, and one is in Incheon, a city due west of Seoul. Busan and Changwon are also near each other. I really hope I'm placed in Daegu or Busan as I would love to have a team in the city in which I live. Who would have thought you can have another team to root for when you move to another country? I am definitely looking forward to it. After viewing a few of the pictures on the KBO webite, it appears that the Samsung Lions (Daegu) won the championship this year.
| Sajik Stadium. Home of the Lotte Giants in Busan |
A few links that I found useful when looking into the league.
http://www.koreabaseball.com/Default.aspx
http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/list_by_league/84/Korea_Baseball_Organization/Korean_KBO/logos/
http://www.homeplate.kr/kbo-standings
I certainly hope, and would think, they have recreational baseball leagues in Korea. But depending on what days they play, EPIK would be ideal, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play weeknight games if in a hagwons (private schools/generally 2-9p/10p classes).

No comments:
Post a Comment