Monday, November 4, 2013

EPIK requirements


Like every other TEFL blogger, I will include what is needed, at least from someone in the U.S. with a bachelor's degree.. also included how much I paid for each service.

Requirements:
1. Apostilled FBI background check ($20 for manual fingerprints, $18 for background check, $8 for FBI apostille).. there are 3rd party services that will charge you a lot to do it themselves. I had a friend in DC help me with mine.
2. Apostilled college diploma ($2 for notarization at UPS Store and copy, $3 for state apostille)
3. Sealed university/college transcripts ($10/$7.50/$5 respectively,  from each school in which credits applied to degree)
4. Copy of current passport (cost of a single copy)
5. Copy of TEFL degree (cost of a single copy). I highly suggest an in-class course as I've heard EPIK is no longer accepting online certificates. Mine was a 180hr in-class course.
6. Two, original signed recommendation letters (original ink signatures), FREE, just find people
7. Copy of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate (cost of a single copy)
8. Printed scan or photocopy of the information page of your passport (cost of a single copy)
9. Signed declaration for tattoos and piercings (cost of a single copy)
10. Two passport photos ($12 at Walgreens)

EPIK application on their website (scroll to bottom)
Application forms


FBI background check request (required by South Korea)
Request FBI background check

Useful info taken from another blog (correct as of 11/5/2013)
Process info

Another great resource for EPIK application information can be seen at SeoulTee (on YouTube).

- Check out this link for more info on applying with EPIK: http://youtu.be/agwYCmnOTx0
- And the rest of his awesome vlogs: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeoulTee/videos

The more popular and well-respected TEFL recruiters are:

Footprints - http://www.footprintsrecruiting.com/
Korvia - http://www.korvia.com/

I've worked with a few others but they were flaky so I won't include them.

TEFL course
In regards to my TEFL course.. my one month intensive, 180 hour in-class course cost $1650. Classes were 9:30a - 5:30p M-F except for days when I had teach after class, which was until 6:30p-8:00p.

Korean Consulates in the world
-(to apply for and pick up visa), click here

No comments: